Saturday, March 18, 2017

Digital Blog Post #I

Chapter 4 is about designing lessons and developing curriculum with technology.  Learning assessments that can occur before, during and after teaching a lesson is a tool I will be using in my future classrooms.  I plan to look deeper into how or which technology method will work best to give me, as a teacher, the best evaluation on the student's knowledge, understanding, and performance.  I have been given online surveys before a starting a college course and then after to see my growth in that particular course.  I do not get to see the results, although I know personally how much I have grown through my own evaluation.  I assume teachers are advised how much growth is being seen in the students to help them redo or keep the lesson plans they are using.  Using technology for these assessments makes it so much easier on teachers to receive a percentage or graph to show the results.  Here is a video that supports learning assessments before, during, and after assignments.



Another thing I can definitely see myself using in my future lesson planning, is using technology in lesson planning.  A teacher I recently observed talked to me about a website he and many other teachers at that school trusted and used in their classrooms.  They would review lesson plans provided and personalize it to their liking and use it in there classroom.  Lesson plan templates can also be found on the web to give an outline or guide to educators.  Here is a link to a website that can get teachers started on lesson plans.

Photo credit to Wm Chamberlain from Flickr

Lastly, is being able to meet educational standards in the lesson plans.  As we all know and the textbook highlights, there is so much more to teach than there is time to teach it and national curriculum standards narrow the "what to teach" question.  Even at that there is plenty of work for the teacher to get done.  Teachers have the freedom to decide on exactly how to teach the academic content along with choosing what to focus on in the lessons.



References

MsEmilyFlood.  Assessing Learning with Technology. 10 November 2015. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs-9qDR__sw

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O'Loughlin, Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013).  Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MS: Person Educaiton, Inc.

Trackstar. Retreived from http://trackstar.4teachers.org/trackstar/;jsessionid=B2588F1514F67A69308D0A28F51D35B2

No comments:

Post a Comment